It’s supposed to make you feel cheery and happy. And that’s why I picked it for my Studio/Creative Space/Play Room.
But right now I’m just a little pissy—
- woke up later than I wanted, which put me at odds with my morning routine.
- put some laundry out on the line on this very windy day, hoping it would dry fast and I’d get it back in before the rain started. Nice try.
- my oven’s self-clean feature—well, who knows what happened there— but it wouldn’t turn off, so I’ve had to pull the oven out and unplug it. This is not a small project, nor is it for wimps. Cleaning all the spilled gunk is NOT on my To-Do List for today. Except it is now. Cold cereal and egg salad sandwiches for me.
- keep forgetting that the “magic” trackpad has its own kind of magic, and if you put it under a pile of papers, the computer still thinks you’re using it and kind of locks onto it. Makes for a lot of wasted time.
Unless I turn around the perspective and look at providence stepping in to keep me from some monster traffic misadventure on the 401, or from spraining my ankle on the treadmill or busting a gut laughing.
Maybe it’s just Life keeping me away from Starbucks for the day and making me sit down and get things done, because I have another “THING” to start coming up when the Sun moves into Scorpio ( and I know what it is, but it’s still scary for me, so I’m not going to say anything about it for a while, but I might give hints).
It’s already 11:30 and I’m just getting to this blog post. We’ll call this a flex day. Should’ve been updating a website, should’ve made that hair cutting appointment, should’ve been to the pharmacy to pick up insulin needles for the cat, and should be getting ready to go to the gym by now. Something’s gonna give; it’ll have to be my frustration….
- Because… I’ve signed up for the Shift Network’s Enlightened Business Summit and there are 3 on today, so I’m going to listen in live to the one at noon,
- and because clearly, the day is taking its own turn and staying pissy would really be a waste. So, as one teacher suggested, I’m going to feel sorry for myself truly and fully for 60 seconds with no interruptions until I can’t stand the sound of my voice. Ready, go….. OK, done. Just writing that makes me cringe and stop the whining. Can’t stand the sound of a whiny voice, especially my own.
The EBS has been 11 days of webinars on soulful entrepreneurship, which is really code for “spiritual people… making money is NOT bad. You’re ALLOWED to use good principles of making money so it can be used to help others.” That last part we mostly forget! I’m learning to be even MORE NOT embarrassed about making money. Today it’s Sam Horn who’s talking about “The EyeBrow Test.” (didn’t THAT catch your attention?)
And then I’m going to get up, I’m going to make some noise to change my brain, I’m going to go clean that stove and then I’m going to start over again.
And here’s the view from one of my windows…pretty purdy for a gross weather day.
Have a good one!